Question: How does PharmacyChecker.com verify the safety of online pharmacies?
PharmacyChecker.com operates the Verification Program to evaluate online pharmacies by checking their credentials and practices. Below are key verification criteria that PharmacyChecker.com uses to qualify or disqualify applicants. More information on the Verification Program is available here.
- Pharmacy license with applicable pharmacy board or licensing authority
- DEA-issued license for controlled substances for U.S. pharmacies only; international pharmacies are not permitted to ship controlled substances into the U.S.
- Prescription is required based on an in-person examination, except where prescriptions based on remote consultations are expressly permitted by law
- Financial and personal information are secure: encryption required on web pages where financial and personal information is transmitted
- Contact information: verified mailing address and phone number published on website
- Pharmacy inspections for those based in certain locations outside the U. S. and in countries with less regulatory enforcement and oversight
Online pharmacies that are approved in the Verification Program are continually monitored for compliance. Those approved are authorized to publish the PharmacyChecker.com seal on their websites.
Shivam Patel, PharmD, BSPS, RPh, a licensed U.S. pharmacist, manages the Verification Program and performs inspections of the pharmacies. For more information on Dr. Patel and other key management, click here.Back to all FAQs