PharmacyChecker experts answer consumer questions related to affording lower-cost, prescription medications.
We help people afford the medication they need by verifying online pharmacies and comparing their prices. Drug prices are out of control. Americans face the highest medication prices in the world. That's why millions of Americans choose to buy medication from other countries.
Our Panel of Experts
Tod Cooperman, MD
Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Dr. Tod Cooperman is a noted researcher, writer, and speaker on consumer healthcare issues.
Gabriel Levitt, MA
President and Co-Founder
Mr. Levitt oversees all business operations, development and research. He is a public advocate for prescription drug affordability.
Shivam Patel, PharmD, BSPS, RPh
Director of Pharmacy Verification and Information
Dr. Patel provides expert knowledge regarding safe pharmacy practice, quality assurance, drug safety, and patient access to affordable medication.
The information provided on Ask PharmacyChecker is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is it an endorsement of any product or service.
If you are considering purchasing medication from outside the U.S., be aware that, in most circumstances, it is technically not legal for individuals to import prescription drugs; however, U.S. government officials have stated that individuals who order non-controlled prescription drugs from Canada or other foreign sources (up to a three-month supply) for their own use are not being pursued or prosecuted.
Is there a Chantix generic? How can I save money on Chantix?
Chantix is a brand-name medication without a generic currently available in the U.S. Since there is no generic competition, the manufacturer, Pfizer, is able to charge the highest price they believe American consumers will pay. Currently, 53 tablets of Chantix (starting month) can cost around $498 at your local U.S. pharmacy.
What is Chantix (varenicline)?
Chantix (varenicline) is used along with counseling to help people stop smoking. It is a smoking cessation aid and works by blocking the enjoyable effects of smoking from the nicotine, on the brain.
Is there a Chantix generic?
Generic Chantix, or varenicline, is available from PharmacyChecker-verified international online pharmacies.
Generic versions of Chantix (varenicline) will be available in U.S. pharmacies but potentially not until 2020.
How can I save money on Chantix now?
1. Shop the generic at online pharmacies verified by PharmacyChecker.com. This is probably the cheapest price you can currently get on Chantix.
2. Brand-name Chantix is available for sale in other countries and can be purchased from verified online pharmacies.
You can search verified pharmacies that list prices on PharmacyChecker.com. You can find Chantix 1 mg as low as $1.79 per tablet at a verified international pharmacy by comparing prices on PharmacyChecker.com. That's a 79% discount vs. brand Chantix sold in the U.S.
3. If you prefer to shop at your local U.S. pharmacy for brand-name Chantix, scroll to the bottom of the Chantix price comparison page and enter your ZIP Code to find the discounts available in your area. You should be able to save around 42% by using the PharmacyChecker discount card.
When you choose a pharmacy, just click "Print Card for This Pharmacy" and you are all set to head to the pharmacy for your discount.
4. PharmacyChecker.com also offers a search tool for patient assistance programs. Many pharmaceutical companies offer aid with the cost of medications through patient assistance programs.
Learn how you may be able to buy Chantix for as low as $20:
5. Ask your healthcare provider for alternative prescription used for the same indication as Chantix that your insurance plan may cover or that could be less expensive, such as bupropion.
Where is Chantix manufactured?
Chantix sold in the U.S. is manufactured by Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals in Germany or Ireland.
Compare Chantix Prices Now
Compare prices among U.S. discount coupons and accredited international online pharmacies