Is there a Chantix generic? How can I save money on Chantix?
Chantix is a brand-name medication without a generic currently available in the U.S. Since there is no generic competition, the manufacturer, Pfizer, is able to charge the highest price they believe American consumers will pay. Currently, 53 tablets of Chantix (starting month) can cost around $498 at your local U.S. pharmacy.
What is Chantix (varenicline)?
Chantix (varenicline) is used along with counseling to help people stop smoking. It is a smoking cessation aid and works by blocking the enjoyable effects of smoking from the nicotine, on the brain.
Is there a Chantix generic?
Generic Chantix, or varenicline, is available from PharmacyChecker-verified international online pharmacies.
Generic versions of Chantix (varenicline) will be available in U.S. pharmacies but potentially not until 2020.
How can I save money on Chantix now?
1. Shop the generic at online pharmacies verified by PharmacyChecker.com. This is probably the cheapest price you can currently get on Chantix.
2. Brand-name Chantix is available for sale in other countries and can be purchased from verified online pharmacies.
You can search verified pharmacies that list prices on PharmacyChecker.com. You can find Chantix 1 mg as low as $1.79 per tablet at a verified international pharmacy by comparing prices on PharmacyChecker.com. That's a 79% discount vs. brand Chantix sold in the U.S.
3. If you prefer to shop at your local U.S. pharmacy for brand-name Chantix, scroll to the bottom of the Chantix price comparison page and enter your ZIP Code to find the discounts available in your area. You should be able to save around 42% by using the U.S. Prescription Discount Card.
When you choose a pharmacy, just click "Print Card for This Pharmacy" and you are all set to head to the pharmacy for your discount.
4. PharmacyChecker.com also offers a search tool for patient assistance programs. Many pharmaceutical companies offer aid with the cost of medications through patient assistance programs.
Learn how you may be able to buy Chantix for as low as $20:
Chantix Patient Assistance Program
5. Ask your healthcare provider for alternative prescription used for the same indication as Chantix that your insurance plan may cover or that could be less expensive, such as bupropion.
Where is Chantix manufactured?
Chantix sold in the U.S. is manufactured by Pfizer Ireland Pharmaceuticals in Germany or Ireland.